Lead Product Designer
Job ID 2021-3286
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will relentlessly strive to understand and empathize with our users’ motivations and behaviors as they pursue health and wellness information on WebMD.
You will partner with product, engineering, and business teams to deliver impeccable design solutions that create better ways to guide, empower, and build lasting relationships with our users.
Our design team embraces curiosity, fresh ideas, and a love for problem-solving. You’ll be an integral contributor to this culture by providing leadership and mentorship to other designers who seek out your expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our broad range of users and their intent.
- Conduct interviews, surveys, and user tests as part of project discovery.
- Facilitate collaborative sessions to uncover user problems, business opportunities, and concept ideation.
- Design holistic flows and interfaces that prioritize user needs and foster trust and loyalty.
- Clearly communicate research findings and design rationale to peers and leaders.
- Run design tests and experiments to validate solutions.
- Guide and develop the WebMD design system to ensure a consistently impressive and cohesive user experience.
- Build production-ready and high-quality design deliverables
- You have at least 5+ years of experience delivering best-in-class design solutions.
- A deep thinker who can translate strategy into action.
- An innovative approach to problem-solving, not relying only on best practices but thinking thoroughly through the challenges our users and businesses face.
- Experience distilling the motivations and behaviors of a broad user base.
- Highly experienced in analyzing data, conducting research, and testing out design concepts.
- A portfolio that demonstrates exquisite UX/Visual craft, but also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- Highly collaborative but self-motivated to drive outcomes.
- Familiarity with product thinking frameworks and methodologies
- Can rapidly design and prototype at all levels of fidelity.
- You consider a design tool just a tool but can master workflows and processes in any application easily.
The Design/UX team is based out of NYC but we are open to remote locations.