Job ID 2021-3200
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Senior Editor will work as a leader and creative member of the Editorial Department within the Integrated Content Marketing division.
- Serve as the editorial expert on multiple client teams, with a special focus on priority/complex projects. Ensure clients are very satisfied with Krames’ content, editorial expertise and services, available library, and production processes. Working with Account Managers, Designers, and others, the Senior Editor acts as an ongoing liaison and consultant to clients regarding how to most effectively use content to meet their marketing and educational objectives.
- Support both new and ongoing departmental standards, processes, and quality initiatives. Serve as positive role model and participate in training, as requested, for other department members.
- Manage special projects/department tasks as assigned.
- Plan and oversee the development of original content for Krames or unique client products as assigned.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with clients and prospects, colleagues, and freelancers.
- Support corporate and department objectives; participate in initiatives as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for fulfilling all assigned clients’ health and wellness content needs.
- Strategize around and suggest appropriate, timely content that supports each client’s unique marketing objectives and goals via both print and digital formats: print and interactive magazines and newsletters, guidebooks, calendars, e-newsletters, websites, social media, blogs, and more.
- Consult with clients regarding topics, content mix, article direction, length, tone/language, etc.
- Edit content to support clients’ objectives; ensure maximum effectiveness, appeal and readability; and conform to client and Krames source and style guidelines.
- Manage client custom writing requests; work with contract writers and others, as needed.
- Perform and oversee fact-checking and proofreading functions as needed.
- Facilitate medical review of assigned content.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for accuracy of content provided to clients or other Krames team members.
- Work with Designers and Account Managers to ensure error-free layouts and products that meet client expectations. Includes making broad recommendations about article placement, facilitating cuts and adds, etc.
- Ensure strict adherence to agreed-upon schedules and commitments to clients.
- Manage client reviews and approvals.
- Regularly review and assess assigned Krames and client products, assuring content and overall editorial direction remains on target to achieve individual or collective clients’ objectives.
- Working with client team, regularly assess each client’s production process to assure maximum client satisfaction and team effectiveness.
- As assigned, work with Sales, New Business Development, and others to effectively strategize around and respond to requests for proposals, comp development, publication reviews, etc.
- Participate in client meetings/functions as needed.
- Stay abreast of health research and reporting, health care and managed care industry trends, marketing issues, etc., and use this and other information in order to continually improve upon the knowledge and expertise offered to clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum five years of editorial experience
- Project management experience
- Client service experience/orientation
- Advanced level of demonstrable language, communication, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, think creatively, and problem solve
- Ability to maintain composure and a positive attitude while working on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
- InDesign experience and familiarity with SEO a plus
- Health care, managed care, or marketing background preferred