ETL Software Developer
Job ID 2021-3422
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for an experienced ETL developer who will work both independently and in conjunction with product management, data operations and analytics departments to support development, deployment, and maintenance of ETL processes.
This key role will work with the team to:
- Develop, QA, and deploy changes to the ETL pipeline using SQL and SSIS.
- Resolve data discrepancies between OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Monitor automated ETL schedules for any errors.
- Write ad-hoc SQL queries for analysis
- Evaluate and suggest changes as necessary to optimize our processes
- Participate in special projects as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar field or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with and knowledge of data processing and persistence technologies including relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Familiarity with best-practice principles of database architecture design and development.
- Minimum 3 years experience designing ETL using SSIS for data warehouses
- Experience working directly with an analytics or data science team to translate requirements
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Expert SQL skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Independent time management skills
PREFERRED Skills and experience:
- Familiarity with medical and pharmacy claims data
- Experience migrating data from one data warehouse to another
- Capable of designing efficient multi-dimensional cubes that meet business requirements.
- Comfortable retrieving data from myriad technologies/sources
- Experience with Teradata a plus
- Familiarity with adTempus and Data Mover a plus
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.