Ex Dir, Business Intelligence
Job ID 2018-1024
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD/Medscape is seeking an Executive Director for our Business Intelligence division with a proven track record and experience of managing a team in rapidly evolving environment. The Executive Director has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day operations of the BI team.
He/she will be also responsible for providing recommendations, insights and reports to the management team.
Overall responsibilities for the BI team include: (a) Generating analysis of web traffic, membership and other site activities; (b) Designing and delivering self-service reporting dashboards; (c) Developing and implementing advanced analytical methodologies using predictive analysis, clustering and look alike modeling; and (d) Finding new ways to demonstrate value of Medscape and building innovative solutions for internal and external clients.
- Lead a team of 10+ analysts and dashboard developers reporting directly and in-directly to this position
- Augment current operational guidelines and implement new measures to improve quality of output, increase team efficiency and to make solutions more scalable and configurable
- Develop new capabilities leveraging Machine Learning to enhance site performance across key metrics such as number of page views, frequency of visit, membership opt-out and ROI on client’s marketing investment
- Partner with Sales team in client facing discussions such as requirements negotiation, data collaboration and presenting data/analytical solutions
- Gain sound understanding of various procured data assets/services and help manage relationship with vendors such as IQVIA and ValueLabs
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of various deliverables produced by the team:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the executive team
- Site traffic and membership acquisition/retention reports
- Product performance reports
- Aggregate and transaction level reports for clients and internal teams
- Ad-hoc reports to support acquisitions and other important business decisions
- Play a lead role in developing new or augmenting existing reports, dashboards and other solutions, in order to:
- Support new product and service roll-outs
- Automate and streamline processes while minimizing human intervention
- Modernize BI solutions by deploying new technology
- Establish and manage a sound QA process using onsite and offshore resources and help with investigation of defects
- Participate in system and UAT testing
- 12+ years of experience in Business Analytics and reporting and data warehouses
- A bachelor's degree with a concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study, MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in Data Visualization, Dashboard development and industry recognized business intelligence tools
- Experience with modeling and application of machine learning / AI concepts is required, while knowledge of SAP machine learning module is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information to senior management and to external clients
- Knowledge of SQL and prior experience of working with the programming team is required
- Knowledge of web metrics (e.g. Visits, Unique Users, Page Views, Impressions, Clicks, CTR) is a plus
- Prior work experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or content publishing is a plus