Intern - Editorial
Job ID 2019-1211
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Editorial Intern is an organized self-starter who assists the Content Team in researching, brainstorming, and creating content. The intern will update existing content with requested changes, and work within the content management system.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Writing, research, and reporting tasks as assigned
- Write assignment letters
- Editorial QA/proofreading of articles, slideshows, quizzes
- Work within the CMS as assigned
- Track launches of content and send out live notices
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Update/maintain spreadsheets tracking articles and other content
• Minimum 3.2 GPA
• Enrolled in Undergrad and returning for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Strong writing samples
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office Suite
- Knowledge of health and wellness
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.) and SharePoint a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Please submit writing samples or bylined pieces along with application.
*No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position