Manager, Business Analysis
Job ID 2022-4361
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Candidate will manage the intake of requirements, definition and implementation of ETL and the delivery of reporting and analysis for all data products related to our syndicated data products offering. The position will report into the Data Services and Business Analysis group and will provide direct support to the Director of Core Infrastructure. The candidate will liaise with WebMD and ist affiliates in understanding data, translating business needs into technical requirements to extract and transform data to be seamlessly ingested into the Medscape reporting platform to support analysis and final delivery of data products. The Candidate will work in traditional RDBMS and a VLDB environment to pull data, analyze the content and quality of the data and to provide detailed, summary and statistical information to the client regarding the data sets. This job requires interfacing with both internal and external clients to deliver data with accuracy, timeliness and insightful analysis.
- Work with the Management to understand client requirements, provide feedback on feasibility and schedule delivery of data products
- Build out metadata to support transformation and maintain mappings between each
- Design and build out required supporting data architecture
- Write complex SQL involving multi-table joins, using advanced analytics SQL functions to produce required data sets
- Assist in and manage QA of data sets to be delivered
- Creating enterprise data flow artifacts, and writing system/technical specifications
- Provide summary statistics and analysis of signal within the data sets for interest in certain disease states, conditions, or treatment areas for the desired cohort of health care providers.
- Document process and findings for data products
- Strong organization, time manage skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a dynamic environment
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Demonstrable experience in working with executive level teams to strategize on business development opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in translating business strategy into technical requirements and developing to those requirements.
- An Advanced degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or a total of at least 7 years of experience in IT and Business Intelligence
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, business intelligence, forecasting, clustering, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with traditional database development on either Oracle/MSSQL/MySQL/Flash/Vertica
- Experience with Data Architecture and Data Modeling, both logical and physical
- Full architectural understanding of Data Warehousing, OLTP, ODS environments
- Experience with large datasets (1 billion+ rows)
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- Proficiency in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookup and statistical functions
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and a self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Advanced business acumen
- Familiarity with programming languages preferred – e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, C
- Prior experience managing programs from start to finish in a matrixed organization
- Familiarity with Tableau