Job ID 2019-1463
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Sales Director calls on marketing and advertising decision makers and influencers in the purchase and media placement of /alert products. Customers typically include but are not limited to: brand management, trade management, agency media management, research management and others who influence the buying decision. These customers are focused on the healthcare industry and have commercial interests (mature, new and pipeline products) in Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Devices. The Sales Director is responsible for the entire sales process – including identifying, researching, pitching, closing, and managing the relationship after the sale. This role also works interdependently with Leadership, Project Management and Operations to ensure the timely execution of agreed upon individual Customer programs (i.e., microsite sponsorships, custom mail, email, research, etc.) to achieve the desired sales, margin, and business growth goals within a defined territory.
The role and responsibilities include following key areas:
- Drive Performance: The Sales Director develops and sustains a performance-driven and competitive mindset in order to drive sales results.
- Effectively execute all strategies and tactics to meet or exceed annual growth targets.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge (research) of key market dynamics and partner with internal stake holders to maximize sales performance.
- Consultative Selling: Conducts structured meetings and presentations, which include Capabilities information on /alert’s entire product line and successfully positions themselves as a strategic partner of choice.
- Leverage a deep understanding of each customer’s business (existing, new and pipeline products) opportunities and challenges and actively engage them with the intention of gaining approval to use /alert branded products as a key part of their overall marketing strategy.
- Customer Account Planning: Utilizes well-thought out Business Plans for each assigned Customer Account - development of Customer Account Business Plans requires an in-depth knowledge of the assigned customer and market influences affecting their business.
- Work with Sales Leadership, Project Management and Sales & Marketing Operations to ensure the timely execution of agreed upon individual Customer strategies and tactics to achieve the desired sales results.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources, track results against the plan over time, and adjust priorities and resources as customers and markets change during the performance period.
- Modify plans based on customer needs - create mutually beneficial solutions and alternatives for accounts, and maintain a long-term perspective when developing proposed plans for each account.
- Track and analyze each Customer Account and communicate account performance and weekly forecasts with key stakeholders in Project Management, Sales & Marketing Operations and Sales Leadership.
- Customer Relationship Management: Develops and maintains meaningful / lasting relationships with key decision makers and influencers for /alert products.
- Manage all obligations of contractual terms and conditions for an assigned Customer including SOW development, RFP responses and MSA development and/or renewals.
- Proactively look to conduct periodic business reviews with customers which include key metrics (if available) on previously executed programs to reinforce the value of the /alert product portfolio.
- Look to leverage Sales Leadership to include on Customer presentations and calls as appropriate.
- Ensure all contact information (i.e., calls, programs, demographic and contact emails and phone numbers) are current and accurate in SFDC - /alert’s CRM System.
- Look to leverage strong connections for referrals to build new relationships (continuously network) with key decision makers and influencers.
- Attend and actively participate at Conventions / Exhibits as required.
- Tactical Execution: Gains live, in person access to key decision makers and influencers to ensure /alert products are kept top of mind to be included in the quarterly and annual brand plans and also one-time events such as product recalls, Black Box warnings, Stock outages, Formulary wins, other.
- Ensure all Customer requirements are provided on time and accurately to Project Management in order to achieve flawless execution.
- Manage to the agreed upon T&E budget.
- Ensure signed confirmations and required paperwork (IOs, Addendums, etc) are secured prior to program execution and assist in account receivable efforts as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of direct selling experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. Media and Digital Marketing Solutions experience preferred.
- Proven sales track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota
- Well-developed relationship management and consultative selling skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and cross-functional members of the /alert team, specifically with the Project Management team from program conceptualization to execution and follow-up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, sound business instincts, and strategic relationship building (interpersonal / networking skills)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic proposals
- Self-directed and confident with ability to multi-task
- Strong time management, organization and administrative skills
- Computer and Technology Skills: Must be proficient in all aspects of MS Office, and CRM Systems (Salesforce.com experience preferred)
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to travel (including some weekends) to Customer Meetings, Conventions / Exhibits, Business Review meetings, Sales Meetings and other meetings as required.
Travel: Travel required: up to 75%