Help Desk Specialist
Job ID 2021-3356
Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge?, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
- PC Refresh technicians apply a build to laptop and desktop computers, transfer users data from their old PC to their new PC, and perform quality checks on the new PC among additional activities.
- Applicant should possess strong knowledge of enterprise computing, networking, software, operating systems, hardware configuration, and application troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Experience supporting clients on site is preferred.
- At least 1 year of break/fix or desktop support experience.
- Experience in end-user hardware refresh projects
- End-user OS imaging experience
- Experience with installing and maintaining/repairing hardware, software, and networking products as well as operating systems (Mac OSX and Windows 10).
- Experience with Installing HW/SW/Networking products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills are a must.
- A+ Certification or commensurate experience required.
- Knowledge of support center operations and call-center principles.
- Strong and proven technical skills including and not limited to;
- Windows 10 OS, Mac OSX and MS-Office 2016 Applications suite.
- G Suite advanced end-user functionality.
- Collaboration and conferencing tools, inter-workings and dependencies.
- A thorough knowledge of Desktop/Laptop hardware and end-user level peripherals is a must.
- Strong ability in the support of trouble ticketing via tools, workflow and demand management, SLA, budgeting and management reporting.
- Very strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Very strong problem solving and analytical skills and should be a methodical and systematic thinker.
- Understand customer service and service delivery.
- Seeks to expand and share knowledge and experience and is committed to continuous learning.
- Health Care Industry or Professional Services experience and knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions and processes; preferred.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a history of proactive orientation towards troubleshooting, problem solving, and quick thinking with a sense of urgency and priority.
Associate's, Technical certification, or equivalent experience