Job ID 2021-3368
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position will require an in-office presence at our 395 Hudson headquarters.
PURPOSE: This position is accountable for performing a broad range of business and financial analyses to support business efforts and to ensure the best utilization of group resources. This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Finance, in the financial analyses of overall business, along with related budgeting and reporting analysis.
- Perform as directed, financial/economic project analysis
- Communicate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, and summarize financial information and other key performance indicators
- Provide monthly analysis reports of revenue and expense trends
- Work with Business Leaders to create budgets and forecasts
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide monthly analytical support to the Business Leaders in the development and implementation of operational objectives.
- Partner with business teams to define, track, and analyze key performance metrics.
- Process invoices, book journal entries and associated accruals for departmental expenses.
- Provide expense reporting and associated analysis in comparison to forecast, budget and prior year to the Business Leaders.
- Coordinate periodic reviews of the business's financial performance and special financial projects.
- Lead and manage special projects (e.g. sales and pricing trends, product mix analysis, inventory utilization and sell-through modeling, product P/L’s, etc.) that will help create further efficiencies and transparencies for the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience required; business/financial analysis area preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel and modelling are required, experience with Salesforce, IBM Cognos Analytics, and IBM Planning Analytics (f.k.a. TM1) preferred
- Strong financial planning and business analysis skills
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principals
- Ability to work autonomously, deal with and interact at the senior management level and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience: The candidate will have a minimum of three years of financial experience. He/she will have strong financial planning and business analysis skills. The candidate will have proven success in a rapidly changing environment, strong computer skills and a good track record of career progression.
Ideal but not required, would be experience in the healthcare industry and a good knowledge of business and financial accounting systems would be most helpful. The broader the experience of this individual, the more effective he/she will be in assuming these diverse responsibilities.
- Action-oriented individual with an appropriate level of drive.
- Comfortably work with large volumes of data, along with the ability to understand the processes that drive the inputs.
- Strong willingness to progress within the organization.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and approach.
- Creative and innovative, balanced by a concern for order and structure.
- Able to simplify complex issues.
- Good interpersonal and team skills with emerging leadership abilities.
- Good listener and learner. An information seeker with an ability to grasp business and people issues quickly.
- Enthusiastic and upbeat, with a strong work ethic.
- Able to work well within a group but not shy in challenging people and ideas.
- Self-confident and mature, with good personal presence