Job ID 2021-3309
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Editorial insight action editors pitch coverage ideas for our family of sites. These editors possess a unique ability to connect the dots between personal and expert observations, studies, pre-prints, news coverage, social listening, marketing and performance data to make real-time content coverage recommendations. They have a deep familiarity with the sites, products, target audiences and competition. They think across channels and cause work to commence simultaneously in multiple channels. These editors work at the direction of the EIA leader and ensure that work commences rapidly.
- Ideate and pitch coverage ideas
- Assign and track greenlit ideas
- Occasionally edit and write
- Track competitions’ coverage
- Understand our own products, coverage and target audiences
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, or a health, science or technology-related field or equivalent years of related experience
- 2+ years professional digital journalism, content, writing/editing experience with a track record of unique coverage.
- Facility with MS Office and Google Suite
- Personable, friendly
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Combination of consumer and professional audience preferred