Human Resources Director
Job ID 2021-3604
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The HR Director, HR Business Partner, is responsible for providing HR support to several business groups. This position will help ensure that the company attracts, develops and retains high-quality talent to support the organization's growth objectives. The HRBP will focus on the full employee lifecycle including workforce planning, on-boarding, talent development, performance management, employee relations, and compensation.
- Provides strategic and tactical HR guidance and support to line management for revenue generating functions
- Analyzes trends and metrics to recommend solutions, and programs
- Collaborates with employee relations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action)
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Partners with leaders and Talent Acquisition to understand staffing requirements and ensure the workforce meets current and future needs
- Partners with HR colleagues to ensure seamless delivery of HR strategy and programs
- Provides guidance and input on organizational changes and workforce planning
- Works with management on compensation processes including merit increase, promotion and bonus planning
- BA/BS Degree in HR, Business or related major
- 5+ experience solid HRBP experience; HR generalist for an exempt, salaried workforce in multiple locations
- Experience in high tech, healthcare-related and/or digital media industries a plus
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Good judgement in maintaining confidentiality of employee and company information as well as understanding appropriate escalation
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS systems
- High accountability, proactive approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment