Medical Content Editor
Job ID 2021-2705
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Development Editor will work with Editorial Directors to edit Medscape Patient Simulations and other editorial product lines as needed for both US and OUS physician audiences.
- Research clinical condition and relevant clinical practice and treatment guidelines
- Provide clinical editing, capturing appropriate interactive elements
- Ensure consistency through major revisions
- Work with physician experts (ie, Chief Editors) to ensure accuracy of case presentation and clinical appropriateness
- Review and troubleshoot simulation functionality within the Clinical Composer Content Management System
- Ensure timely delivery at each editorial stage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital medical publishing
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- BA or equivalent experience required