Associate Health Editor
Job ID 2021-3452
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is seeking an Associate Health Editor for the Editorial Content team to work on its Patient Contributor and Expert blogs. The applicant should be a creative, independent editor with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should have strong communications skills and should be comfortable working cross functionally to meet project deadlines.
- Assist with blog production, from conception to editing and publication, ensuring that they are written in a consumer-friendly and engaging tone
- Find appropriate patients and experts for blogs and maintain relationships after bloggers are on-boarded; provide feedback to ensure they meet WebMD standards
- Work with stakeholders on blog promotion and programming opportunities
- Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Provide other editing support as needed across content types produced by the team, including articles, slideshows and features
- Four-year college graduate or equivalent years of relevant (related) experience, degree in journalism, English, or other related field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably with an online consumer health, wellness, news or lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and metadata
- Ability to work across different teams
- Comfortable working with a variety of applications
- Familiarity with content management systems
*Please send resume along with 3 editing samples*