Associate Front End Developer
Job ID 2019-1676
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is currently searching for a Front Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications for the WebMD Professional website, with limited supervision from technical leads. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to implement all design and development and be able to take the product through production.
- Deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team.
- Serve as a technical liaison among technical, account, creative and content teams.
- Translate wireframes/PSDs into launch-ready, valid XHTML/CSS
- Designing, coding, testing, defect management, and production support (in collaboration with various internal teams)
- Implement solutions to support bug fixes and enhancements
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relatable technical discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience hand-coding HTML using semantic markup, the latest W3C web standards, and CSS layout / positioning
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion, and be successful in a collaborative environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in front-end web design/development. Experience with designing and developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to define and deliver high visibility projects in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) are also critical success factors in this role.
Relevant job functions & requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience with delivering web-based applications and dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance
- End-to-end understanding of development processes, organization, and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions
- Working knowledge of defect tracking and configurations management systems able to perform and lead root-cause analysis (JIRA)
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.g., Account Management, QA, and Editorial. Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- 2+ years of disciplined front-end development experience in the Internet/software industry with increasing responsibility or fast-paced start up work environment
- Working knowledge of XHTML
- Working knowledge of Git