Job ID 2021-3428
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
New York/Newark-based role.
New York-based WebMD, an Internet Brands company, is seeking an experienced, corporate and commercial contracts manager to join our in-house legal team in support of our successful and growing business. This position will focus on all aspects of corporate matters, including all stages of corporate transactions, corporate governance, complex commercial contracting, and legal and regulatory compliance. We are seeking applicants who enjoy working on a small, but highly collaborative legal team, can learn and adapt quickly, and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across our legal and business teams. This position will be based out of our New York office and will report to our Senior Corporate Counsel.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide legal and organizational support for strategic corporate transactions, including project management, diligence, closing administration, and post-closing integrations.
- Draft, review and perform first level negotiation for a wide range of commercial contracts, including customer agreements, professional services agreements, content development and license agreements, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements and software and technology license agreements. Escalate to attorneys as necessary.
- Contribute to the maintenance of contract templates and the integration of contracts of acquired companies.
- Assist in the day-to-day supervision of compliance obligations, including review of new products, services and vendors, and the maintenance of corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and internal and external counsel, and document and organize internal and external legal advice.
- Facilitate and administer various requests for information, audits, assessments and special projects.
- Craft, evaluate, negotiate and execute a wide variety of different contracts covering a range of transactions.
- Create and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and serve as the singular point of contact for matters concerning contracts.
- Summarize key contracts, manage playbooks and work with business stakeholders and lawyers regarding all contract-related matters.
- Commercial and practical contract professional with 4-7 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple matters for a growing company and to collaborate across cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, finance, product, security, and business and corporate development.
- Technology and/or healthcare experience preferred.
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our global digital platforms. WebMD businesses include WebMD, Medscape, Frontline, Jobson, Univadis, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, Vitals.com, theheart.org, and Medscape Education.