Senior Editor/Writer, Review of Ophthalmology
Job ID 2021-3193
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Review of Ophthalmology highlights current, clinically relevant information on surgical techniques, disease diagnosis and management and new technologies. Its physician and staff editors present timely reports in a format that stresses accessible editorial information and graphics, including news, regulatory issues, ophthalmic subspecialties such as glaucoma, retina, refractive surgery, cornea and external disease, pediatric ophthalmology and oculoplastics, as well as coverage of practice management, contact lenses and optical.
The Senior Editor is responsible for writing and editing feature articles and monthly department articles for the monthly Ophthalmology publication. The Senior Editor edits and proofreads manuscripts written by other staff members. The position is also responsible for providing oversight and assuring quality editorial projects are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Write and edit 1-2 feature articles and 2 monthly departments per issue
- Edit and proofread manuscripts, other staff features and departments for accuracy, clarity
- Incorporate author/reviewer revisions
- Ensure projects are prepared appropriately, if needed for review
- Oversee accuracy and messaging of projects through all stages of content development
- Lay out their own monthly departments using Adobe InDesign
- Provide strategic oversight and assure editorial quality of projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 7-10+ years as an editor in the medical education, medical publishing, pharmaceutical or health-care industry
- Experience in ophthalmology field a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree a plus but not required
- Basic Adobe InDesign experience helpful but not required
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Must be open to feedback on projects.
- Travel to industry conferences as required