Job ID 2019-1448
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Photo Manager is a leadership position responsible for the editorial and creative development of image and graphic assets to support revenue, programming and SEO needs. This position will oversee a team of talented photo and design editors and is responsible for the creating a best in class look and presentation of imagery that is market competitive.
- Manage a team of creatives, provide mentorship to support their career growth, conduct performance reviews, critique work
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met across all platforms and products
- Ability to build strong cross-departmental relationships with an eye towards teamwork and efficiencies
- Conceive and manage creation of custom assets, working with proposed budget and tracking against it
- Responsible for upholding WebMD’s credibility in the delivery of trustworthy concepts and graphic content that are in accordance with editorial best practices
- Own workflow planning, process planning, schedule creation, vendor management, and status tracking
- Will be expected to share ideas and contribute to the strategic vision and direction, must always think through the “big picture”
- Oversee WebMD Magazine visuals to ensure our magazine had a “best in class” look and feel
- Partner with the social team to increase our reach metrics on social platforms
- Work closely with product teams to continue to evolve our tools and systems for image production
- 5-7 years experience delivering high quality products and experience managing a team, preferably in the digital space
- BFA/BA degree with emphasis in Photo, Visual Arts etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience working in a CMS, InDesign, Photoshop
- Innovative thinker with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Well organized self-starter who brings a passion for imagery and sharp attention to detail