Associate Content Manager
Job ID 2022-4413
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The associate content manager will recruit medical experts and coordinate preproduction tasks for MedscapeTV, ReCAP videos, Interdisciplinary Case Reviews, and other EED programming. In addition, this role serves as the initial point of contact with contributors, answering their questions and clarifying requests and expectations. This role also aligns expectations between studio, editorial, program management, and the contributor.
- Research prospective experts for planned programs, and prepare summaries supporting the experts’ suitability for the given program
- Invite vetted experts to participate in specific programs and ascertain their availability to participate within established shoot windows; serve as primary initial contact, answer questions on the basis of a strong understanding of each product
- Contact medical center communications staff and medical experts to gauge interest in participating in a MedscapeTV documentary series
- Explain to medical communications staff the range of on-site and remote shooting options for the MedscapeTV series, and ascertain any requirements the institution will place on the production team
- Work in a timely way with experts, communications staff, and Medscape staff to schedule tapings within established shoot dates
- Align expectations between studio, editorial, program management, and the contributor
- Maintain database of experts and institutions that have participated across program types
- Provide additional logistical support to Editorial Directors as needed
- 3+ years’ experience recruiting contributors, preferably to digital media products
- Experience managing complex, time-sensitive projects
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with medical experts and medical content a plus
- BA or equivalent experience required