Associate Human Resources Manager
Job ID 2020-2109
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will be the HR site leader in London and primary point of contact, responsible for HR related activities in UK and Europe. They will work closely with the International population and lead a small HR team, based in Europe. They will also collaborate with a team of HR colleagues based primarily in NY (including recruiters, HR business partners and Learning & Development).
This is a client-centered role for a resourceful, independent and enthusiastic individual. The key to success in this role is the ability to work in a field office, away from the headquarters, to foster a positive, integrated, performance driven culture in unison with the greater organization. Resilience and experience leading through change is required as we are growth oriented and this is a transitional time. The person will be leading our M&A efforts in EU/UK from an HR perspective. A primary responsibility will be to ensure that the company continues to attract, develop and retain top talent at all levels to support our growth objectives. The individual will be a strong communicator and able to quickly integrate into the team and earn credibility with clients.
The future incumbent will maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Continuously monitoring and reviewing HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
The Human Resources Manager will focus on the full employee lifecycle including planning, on-boarding, team building, career development, performance management, employee relations, HR administration, and recognition. They will be instrumental in facilitating HR programs such as new hire orientation, talent reviews, and M&A integrations. He/she will provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
This is a key role in ensuring that the organization maintains consistent processes and, as a part of the Human Resources team supporting the Global business, the individual in this role will be responsible for completing a broad set of operational activities. This includes processing HR transactions and collaborating with departments such as Finance, Payroll and Legal. The individual in this role will handle sensitive and confidential information so earning and maintaining stakeholder’s confidence is expected through accurately managing the administrative processes.
- Minimum six years' experience providing direct client support as an HR generalist
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management
- Working knowledge of UK/EU employment laws and regulations
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Google Apps etc.
- Experience successfully driving employee engagement and cultural initiatives
- High energy, proactive attitude is a critical success factor, as is a proven ability to create a presence in the business as a business partner
- Confidence, resourcefulness and a sense of independence
- Experience dealing with employee relations in a productive and efficient manner
- Good judgement in maintaining confidentiality of employee and company information as well as understanding appropriate escalation
- Outstanding customer service as well as problem solving skills with a positive, “can-do” approach
- High attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
- Experience in merger/acquisitions preferred
- French speaking is a plus