Sr Systems Engineer
Job ID 2019-1124
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Systems Engineering team is looking for a skilled, ambitious Sr. Systems Engineer to join a very versatile team that designs, automates and supports Linux, Windows OS, Virtualization solutions, Configuration Management, NAS storage systems, Backup Active Directory, and DNS. The candidate will be responsible for Systems Design and Administration, Infrastructure automation thru Scripts and Open source Tools, Configuration Management, Handling day to day tickets, Project implementation and exploring new tech, Support after-hours maintenance and be part of the on-call rotation. The candidate should be self-motivated, analytical, explore new technologies, work well within the team and outside the team.
- 6+ years of experience in designing, building, automating, and managing enterprise systems in a heterogeneous customer facing environment.
- Automation - Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby.
- Configuration Management - Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Virtualization Platforms, Hyper-V, KVM, VMWare.
- OS - Redhat-Based Linux Distros such as CentOS 6/7, Redhat Linux
- Core Enterprise Services - NFS, CIFS, FTP, SFTP, BIND DNS, NTP, Rsync, DHCP, Samba, Cobbler and SSH
- Enterprise monitoring solutions - Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Sensu, Nagios, Zabbix
- Strong Understanding of Clusters, Load Balancers, High Availability, DR, TCP/IP Stack
- Establish, Recommend and Implement tools, technology, and processes for new initiatives.
- Ensure the continuous availability of critical infrastructure resources
- Patching, Package Repository Management
- Handle end user requests within the defined SLO thru ticketing systems
- A sense of urgency for issue resolution and provide root cause analysis
- Active Directory, Windows Update Manager, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Powershell Scripting
- NetApp Storage Systems, EMC Networker Backup systems, EMC Isilon
- Containers, Dockers, OpenStack, CloudStack
- Oracle Database, MS SQL Databases, MySQL, Postgres Databases
- MAC OS
- EMC Data Domain, and Networker
- DELL, HP Server Technologies
- Security concepts, OS hardening, WireShark
- Arista Network Switches, Palo Alto Firewalls