Sr. Data Analyst
Job ID 2022-4568
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Responsibilities: Internet Brands/Medscape is currently seeking a Sr. Data Analyst responsible for understanding data process flow and reporting requirements. This role will vet requirements; identify data handoffs; understand transformations and pinpoint potential for data loss or corruption. With this understanding the role will develop reporting tools across multiple platforms to follow the data, identify anomalies and provide analysis, recommendations, and remediation steps. The role requires a full technical knowledge of all phases of the marketing pipeline and being able access the data across multiple databases and data stores. This role will play an active role in quality assurance reviews, collaborating with Business Intelligence Teams and other cross-functional teams.
- Provide and present data analysis to identify trends, improve platform performance, and support business decisions
- Build reporting solutions, providing the insights into emerging patterns aligned with business initiatives
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders for product and application development
- Collaborate with internal teams on translating business requirements into technical designs
- Develop data objects, reports, tools and applications for engagement analysis
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Perform technical troubleshooting and problem solving for custom built reporting solutions
- Identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation issues
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, data science, statistics, or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose programming languages (such as SQL or Python)
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Data Management and Audience Measurement use cases
- 3 years working experience with Tableau
- 3 years working knowledge of at least one of Vertica, Big Query or Oracle
- Advanced SQL skills - must be able to write complex SQL with multiple table joins against very large data sets
- Experience with database discovery tools, such as Toad or DbVisualizer
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to create intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Experience working through problems, identifying root causes and providing solutions
- Strong practical experience with Excel. Proficient in advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite