Intern - Marketing Communications
Job ID 2020-1906
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Summer Internship - 6/1 - 8/14
About the Department:
WebMD Health Services’ Communication Services team is part of our Marketing department. We work with nationally known employer and health-plan clients to develop and manage effective multichannel communication strategies that educate consumers, drive healthy behaviors, and keep consumers engaged with WebMD’s suite of tools and services.
Intern – Communication Services
- Researches and leads the creation of communication materials based on an agreed-upon and impactful topic related to well-being (g., a toolkit for consumers on managing musculoskeletal issues; a well-being leadership guide for new managers; or a diversity and well-being guide for managers).
- Conducts a client needs assessment to evaluate the chosen topic and deliverables to be created (materials could include, but are not limited to, posters, emails or videos).
- Collaborates with our Communication Strategist team on strategy and our Creative team of writers and designers for execution.
- Informs key stakeholders (including client account teams) about the strategy and use of the materials.
Required (should be signified on resume)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate advertising, marketing, video communications, or health communications program (or similar) and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Clear understanding of marketing, communication and design principles.
- Demonstrable skills - has a portfolio showcasing process, production and presentation.
- Familiarity with video or interactive marketing.
- Command of Adobe Creative Suite and/or related photo and video editing platforms.
- Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to Portland, Oregon. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.