Associate Project Manager
Job ID 2021-3173
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
- The Associate Project Manager works within Project Management Office (PMO) for WebMD to manage project administration including Scrum/Agile processes. The successful candidate is energized by process challenges and uses initiative to interact with team members to ensure the team’s project delivery. (S)he is extremely driven & self-motivated to develop project management skills and broaden their understanding of the Project management discipline.
- Directly manages 2-3 projects/ teams as the Scrum Master/Project manager for the technology solution delivery of WebMD/Medscape initiatives
- Manages key Agile/Scrum ceremonies (Daily Standup/Sprint Planning/Retrospective) with projects team
- Partners with Product Owner to ensure an adequate backlog of user stories are available for the project team and partners with Product owner on backlog grooming/refinement
- Tracks and manages timeline(s) for key project milestones/deliverables and ensures team is delivering against targeted timelines
- Tracks and manages project risks and works with project team and stakeholders to resolve issues and/or escalates to manager when necessary
- Participates in PMO project tracking metrics, including tracking Project velocity, PMO project dashboard and other key metric reporting
- 1-2 years of experience in project management
- Ability to interact and communicate with diverse organizational teams.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail-oriented and able to change direction on short notice and be a team player.
- Ability to work on multiple programs & projects with program/project manager guidance.
- Quick learner with ability to dive into project coordination activities as and when needed.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or higher from college or technical school or 5+ years of related experience and/or training.
- A strong team player who is collaborative, is optimistic and has a can-do attitude.
- Prior training/experience with Agile/Scrum is preferred
- Prior experience working in a PMO team preferred
- Technical project knowledge/experience is preferred