Associate Software Developer
Job ID 2022-4495
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex web applications. Individuals must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects and be successful in a collaborative environment. The candidate must be organized, detail oriented and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Work on complex, high traffic web-based applications using Object-oriented design and patterns.
- Development of presentation layer components utilizing the Vue.js framework for single page applications.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Assist in application trouble-shooting and lead root-cause analysis.
Follow good front-end development practices, development frameworks and quality assurance practices to facilitate sustainable growth of the team.
- Experience developing Node.js and Vue.js applications is preferred.
- Good understanding of web performance.
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile and programming methodologies such as version control (git), unit and regression testing (Selenium) and quality assurance (QA) and familiarity with full-stack development is preferred but not required.