Director, Medical Education
Job ID 2019-1571
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Director, Medical Education
- Develops and grows business relationships with current and prospective pharmaceutical and medical device clients (supporters) in the assigned territory in order to generate new medical education funding opportunities for the organization.
- Conducts ongoing outreach including conference calls and in-person presentations to existing and prospective supporters.
- Continually assesses revenue potential of territory through analysis of the overall market, supporters’ corporate goals, pipeline outlook and general industry intelligence in order to provide accurate sales forecast.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop effective medical educational grant proposals for current and prospective supporters.
- Provides management with regular updates on sales-focused activities including lead generation, competitive intelligence, forecast adjustments, challenges and needs.
- Keeps abreast of supporter news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through ongoing research and engagement at industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent directly relevant experience required.
- Minimum 6 years overall experience with at least 4 years sales experience selling medical education solutions (preferably CME certified activities) to pharmaceutical and medical device companies with an established track record of securing significant industry funding from medical education teams at pharmaceutical/med device companies.
- Demonstrated ability to grow existing accounts, as well as identify and build new accounts
- Knowledge of web-based CME programming and ACCME guidelines is preferred.
- Previous experience in CME focus areas, including Respiratory, Pulmonary, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Diabetes, Immunology, Neurology, Gastroenterology and Oncology, and/or Hematology is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills a must. Excellent oral communication skills required, including ability to work well in a team environment.
- Candidate must be self-starter with the ability to create daily routine, stay organized and travel to supporters when necessary.
Additional capabilities include demonstrated experience in: customer service, sales goal attainment, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, presentation skills, and building client relationships