Intern - BI
Job ID 2021-2922
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – BI
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20
Local applicants only, no housing assistance offered.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from different data sources and correlate, and map data to develop new integrated data sets using business logic
- Filter and “clean” data, and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Data profiling and data cataloging
- Solving business and technical problems using innovative and well-planned approaches
- Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve project objectives
- Working in an environment that leverages project management skills, including planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization and activity prioritization
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member by understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members and proactively seeking guidance, clarification
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- computer science, mathematics, engineering or related majors
Must show experience on your resume with Data Manipulation and some of the following:
- Experience with SQL or Python
- Experience with using databases like Vertica or Google Big Query
- Experience with Tableau, Excel or any other BI Tool
- Writing with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation;
- Working within a structured and methodical approach, combined with an inquiring mind;
- Having an aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error;
- Exhibiting a work modality that is open to new ideas and possessing a strong passion for learning and understanding new and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, etc.;
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with helping to support the experimentation of digitizing solutions.
- We seek professionals with a thorough interest in managing digital solutions on a large scale.