Member Support Representative
Job ID 2019-1572
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD/Medscape Member Support Representatives serve our customers through mostly written communications, which come into our CRM tool or outside escalation from other departments. They thoroughly and efficiently gather participant information, access and address concerns and issues, educate the participant where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions. CSRs do all of this in a timely, professional manner while utilizing several systems plus a CRM tool that manages customer requests via email and intake forms via help.medscape.com.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer (member support) service and strive for one contact resolution.
- Handle incoming and assigned email requests/tickets along with special projects when assigned.
- Assist participants with registration, log in issues and general account profile settings/changes.
- Assist participants with CME issues or inquiries.
- Assist participants with navigation of the WebMD/Medscape site and App.
- Assist participants with overall questions concerning all facets of Medscape and its application functionality and features.
- Assist participants with overall PMR inquires/issues, including but not limited to: invites, technical issues, over quota messaging, payment/redemption issues, payment history etc.
- Work with Project Management on escalated issues concerning all PMR escalations via our Buddy system and beyond.
- Accurately and kindly respond to all feedback and escalate said feedback to manager who will pass it along to the correct department(s) – feedback could include but not limited to clinical errors within our data base, spelling mistakes within our newsletters, general overall editorial feedback and site/app suggestions and trends of issues.
- Accurate use of CRM tool – grabbing, casing, documenting & responding to inquiries in a manner that is efficient, accurate, and pleasant to the member.
- Strive for productivity and quality ratings of 85% or higher.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Team player and positive attitude
- Demonstrated customer service and issue resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills
- Proficiency in the utilization of software applications, including MS Word, Google Docs and Gmail.
- Soft skills and understanding/implementing the correct tone via written expression.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required
- 2+ years of experience in a call center/customer service office environment
- Experience with CRM systems and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or work history within a health related field
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.