Associate Marketing Manager
Job ID 2019-1635
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking an Associate Marketing Manager, Audience Engagement, for our New York Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Associate Marketing Manager is responsible for creating awareness of brand and educational programs, and fulfilling program guarantees and quarterly revenue goals. Specifically, this position will be responsible for orchestrating, optimizing and overseeing marketing plans for a variety of marketing channels to meet contractual traffic goals for direct-to-healthcare professional educational programs.
The Associate Marketing Manager will need to work closely with multiple cross-functional teams (eg, Data Analytics, Project Management, Studio and Social Media teams) to support the proactive management of all education activities and to provide management with regular status updates. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management, data management, analytical, communication and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Work with the Audience Engagement team to create marketing strategies for all supported education activities to meet the organization’s revenue goals
- Regularly track and improve performance of channel tactics to drive traffic to supported activities meet overarching Medscape Education quarterly revenue goals
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to coordinate and execute tactics within marketing plans for sold activities. More specifically:
- Coordinate with Project Management and Production teams to develop timelines for marketing plans
- Collaborate with internal Email team to deploy email and e-newsletter tactics
- Run social media function to grow effectiveness of social media platforms and increase user interaction
- Improve and manage process for copy writing
- Work with Data Analytics team to improve on metric/program tracking abilities – to optimize list targeting/segmentation to improve response rates
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business decisions by:
- Analyzing response rate trends to inform deployment of outbound e-mail and social media messages to audiences
- Conducting internal Omniture tracking analysis of homepages and specific activities to provide insight of user engagement behavior
- Creating and disseminating summary reports (eg, email and social media performance reviews) to update stakeholders
- Interface with Sales and other internal teams to address specific program performance issues
- Collaborate cross-functionally (with teams like Data Analytics) to create and share KPI data, and to identify new market trends and promotional methods to improve on email/social media engagement
- Assist with the training of internal teams, including Sales and Operations on social media capabilities and performance
- 3+ years online direct marketing experience, preferably in digital or e-mail marketing space
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented, accuracy- and results-driven
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of self-direction and ability to lead and own projects
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong background in project tracking
- Proficient in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint and Access skills
- Education: BA/BS in marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of the online media landscape is highly desirable (and as it relates to the Healthcare industry and direct-to-physician marketing is a plus)