Mental Health Coach
Job ID 2021-3271
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Please note that this is a temp to hire position. If chosen for this role, you will be staffed via an employment agency with the potential for a full time opportunity with WebMD in 2022.
In following participant centered coaching methodologies, Mental Health Coaches provide telephonic health education/coaching and appropriate stage of change specific preventive interventions based upon information supplied by participants' completed health risk appraisal and the participant themselves.
Mental Health Coaches specialize in mental health risk factors, but must be able to coach participants on a variety of health issues including, but not limited to, exercise, nutrition, weight loss, alcohol and tobacco cessation, obesity, stress management, diabetes management, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre and postnatal care. Mental Health Coaches also are responsible for managing all safety risk situations according to protocol.
We are seeking an individual with a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or other mental health related field. This position will provide telephone-based health management and health education services.
In this role you will:
- Provide telephonic health coaching based on participants' completed health risk appraisal and stage of change. Specialize in areas of Mental Health, including depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Utilize participant – centered coaching methodologies and/or theories to improve healthy lifestyle behaviors, long term health outcomes and quality of life
- Give assessment of low, medium, and high modifiable risk areas
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to foster behavioral change
- Assist participants' progress through long and short term goal setting, using a myriad of health suggestions and resources
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health coaching sessions
- Maintain specified health credentialing, including certification and ongoing continuing education
- Ensure all activities are member-focused and individualized, resulting in personalized attention to each patient’s unique needs.
- Integrate clinical and psychosocial information for case identification and individual patient assessment to develop action-oriented and time-specific planning and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Effectively communicate with patients and their families to provide them with a better understanding of their health, health care benefits, and health care system.
- Perform other, varied job-related duties as assigned.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or other mental health discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mental health field providing clinical services
- Independent licensure (LMHC, LCSW) preferred but not required
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong telephonic relationship building skills.
- Able to work with a collaborative team to meet participant needs
- Ability to work nontraditional hours to coach across multiple time zones
To be considered for full time employment with WebMD in 2022:
- If not already certified, must achieve (and maintain) a nationally recognized certification within 6 months of Full time employment i.e.: NCC or Board Certified Coach
- Previous telephonic coaching experience
- Candidates fluent in Spanish are encouraged to apply.