Job ID 2019-1717
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for a talented .Net Engineer to help develop products such as WebMD Search, SOLR, backend services and APIs. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters located in Manhattan.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Designing, Developing and maintaining the WebMD Runtime Content Delivery Platform and Data Distribution and Search Platforms
- Communicating with technical management and other departments; reporting of status and risks; and working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Working under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Leading a team of engineers based in globally distributed geographies
- Providing technical guidance and day to day supervision to the team
- Leading teams to make sure that they deliver quality products using test automation in committed timelines
- Evaluating new technologies and approaches
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or a total of at least 9 years’ software development experience;
- 5+ years of software development experience in .Net, 7+ years preferred;
- Solid object oriented development, RDBMS concepts, data structures and algorithms;
- Strong knowledge of software development, debugging and deployment tools;
- Solid understanding of MS SQL Server or Oracle or a comparable RDBMS;
- Experience in layered architecture
- Experience developing using well-known design patterns
- Creation of technical models and documentation
- Must be a team player (team oriented) and willing to follow directions, as well as take initiative
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in programming in at least one of C#, JS(Server Side) or Java
- Knowledge of Automation testing - Unit or Integration or Both using any known automation framework
- Willingness to learn and adapt to multiple technologies
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications):
- Experience in node.js and AngularJS
- Experience working with one or more Search Engines like Endecca, Solr or Lucene
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ability to analyze business requirements, propose technical solutions
- Experience with high-availability systems
- Ability to work with both .Net and Java a plus