Job ID 2021-3541
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape Education is seeking a passionate, adaptable, and team-oriented Research Associate to support independent medical education evaluation and grant-seeking efforts. As a Research Associate, you will conduct research designed to first understand and then close gaps in knowledge, confidence, and performance of healthcare providers internationally. If you have a passion for designing and implementing data-driven research and evaluation projects and telling the data stories to various levels of stakeholders, we want you on our team! By joining Medscape Education, the leading provider of medical education for clinicians across the globe, you will have the opportunity to contribute to initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers and thus the lives of those around you.
With guidance from and in collaboration with senior members of the Outcomes and Insights team, you will:
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders to understand analytical and reporting needs, with a primary focus on evaluating and articulating success of educational initiatives and translating the needs into data processing and analytical plans.
- Manipulate data from a variety of sources and perform statistical analysis using Excel, R, SPSS, and/or SAS, to understand trends and replicability of the findings.
- Synthesize, interpret, and translate data trends and analytical results for various levels of stakeholders
- Work off pre-specified templates to design and prepare reports and presentations using tables, visualizations, and infographics for both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with data exploration and analysis for research projects with open-ended questions
- Assist with data analysis and write-ups for conference subtracts and publications
- Conduct information and literature search and review to identify gaps and needs for grant development and research/evaluation methodology refinement
- Develop knowledge of continuing medical education on current and emerging therapeutic landscape and apply it towards on-going projects
Who You Are
You would be successful in this position if you:
- Have a curious mindset and enjoy asking questions and leveraging data and analytics to seek for answers
- Are self-motivated, with a positive attitude, and extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Hold high standards for your work and pay great attention to and obtain satisfaction in the accuracy and consistency of your work
- Are a true team player who enjoys jumping in and tackling new assignments and constantly looks for ways to support your teammates
- Desire to leverage existing skills and technologies or develop new skills to improve the quality and efficiency of your work
- Are able to gain new knowledge and develop new skills when provided with the resources needed
- Are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and willing to accommodate frequently changing priorities
- Have strong work ethic and are able to work overtime or travel occasionally for project assignments as needed
- Are able to work both independently and in highly collaborative settings
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Behavioral or Social science, Statistics, Public Health, or Market Research or a similar field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in research and/or data analytics
- At least 2 years of experience using SPSS, SAS, or R to manipulate and analyze data
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistics that are sufficient to perform statistical testing and interpret the results for research and evaluation projects (e.g., working knowledge of paired-sample study design, chi-square test, McNemar’s test, t-test, effect size etc.)
- Above-average skills using Excel for reporting/analysis and creating/formatting PowerPoint slides
- Prior experience in writing research reports and/or proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Excellent computer skills that include working on shared networks and cloud-based systems
- Master’s degree or higher in Life Sciences, Behavioral or Social science, Statistics, Public Health, or Market Research or a similar field
- Prior experience in medical education, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries
- Prior experience working with Tableau and/or Tableau server
- Prior experience working with offsite stakeholders
- Prior experience prioritizing and completing multiple projects simultaneously for different stakeholders
- Familiarity with literature database/search engines (e.g., OVID, PubMed)
- Familiarity with web-based data and document sharing sites and authoring tools (e.g., SharePoint)