Job ID 2019-1744
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for a talented Platform Engineer to be part of the WebMD DevOps engineering team developing products which will power the entire WebMD.com and other consumer portals
The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters located in Manhattan.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Design Solutions and implement and test them
- Improve and Advance the CI/CD processes
- Ensure system security through industry standards
- Build tools to monitor the health of the application
- Work fully integrated with the development and product team to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack
- Help create product requirements and manage implementation for projects related to company's technology platform
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or relevant experience)
- 3+ Years Experience (or 1+ years with M.S Degree in Computer Science) in development of back end services - Platforms, Windows Services, etc
- 3+ years years Experience (or 1+ years with M.S. Degree in Computer Science) in DevOps technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD
- 3+ Years experience (or 1+ years with M.S. Degree in Computer Science) in developing Rest APIs
- Expert in one of the following programming languages C#, Server Side NodeJS, Java
- Good understanding of modern web architecture, technology, and trends.
- Excellent understanding of OOPs, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Source code management, CI/CD Processes(Gitlab, STash etc)
- Good understanding of TDD and one or more Testing Automation Frameworks for back end and front - MSTest, mochajs, cypress.io, selenium etc
- Good working knowledge of any RDBMS
- Highly analytical, problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- S. Degree in Computer Science
- DevOps Experience - Kubernetes, Docker etc
- Working knowledge of Front End technologies
- Agile Team working experience
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence