Director, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2023-4779
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Under general direction of the Head, Sales & Marketing for EngagedPatient™, the Director, Strategic Accounts is responsible for lead generation, facilitating the sales process, and revenue generation for the EngagedPatient platform of existing and future products. The role will also collaborate across the entire EngagedPatient™ business unit, and the greater WebMD organization. This role is also responsible for management of operational responsibilities related to pipeline management, selling technology enhancement, and assisting in communicating integrated business development opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute pipeline monitoring process and tracking.
- Revenue generation across EngagedPatient™ current and future products
- Strategic account management for all assigned accounts
- Senior through Executive level relationship mapping and development
- Optimize the ROI for all sales data sources, and other aspects of the CRM
- Identify ways to share information across the WebMD enterprise
- Collaborates with business development associates to review business and sales data and provide suggested strategic direction to foster faster grow
- Continuously executes business development processes while supporting ongoing enhancements to the process and technology for integrated business development
- Provides strategic support of product pricing
- Manage territory budget
- Performs related duties as assigned, at the direction of the Head, Sales & Marketing, EngagedPatient™
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as sales, marketing, consulting, pharmacy science, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree program. Normally requires a minimum of 8+ years' experience in business development, strategic consulting or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries.
• Successful experience selling healthcare solutions into pharmaceutical organizations
• Healthcare marketing, business development, and account-based sales experience required
• MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
• Experience in building and maintaining customer profiles
• Demonstrated experience acting as strategic thought partner to teams
• Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
• Ability to analyze and improve sales processes and tools, to include proposals
• Experience in analyzing buyer behaviors to capitalize on selling opportunities
• Customer contracting and compliance requirements a plus
• Customer procurement strategy experience a plus
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- A self-starter with a proven ability in sales management, sales operations process, planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information for pharma, biotech, and medical device companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing reports and disseminating information. Strong interpersonal skills: ability to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to train others in this area.
- Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong operational skills (Word, PowerPoint, excel and SF.com.)
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs
Salary Range: $125,000 - $135,000. Commission Eligible.