Job ID 2022-4553
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live events designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas in tailored formats across the globe. If you are looking for a career that provides you the ability to manage timelines, meet tight deadlines, provide clear and concise communication, and organize in-person and virtual events, this is the position for you. You will be responsible for delivering projects on time and within scope. You will serve as the main point of contact for all internal project stakeholders as well as clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage short and long-term projects involving multiple team members representing different departments throughout the company, based across multiple time zones, including global teams and clients.
- Use our web-based project management tool to ensure development processes are followed and projects are on time and within budget and specification
- Manage project initiation, planning and status meetings and send ongoing communications to the project team, outside partners, and clients related to program goals and status
- Coordinate the meeting materials and logistics and provide onsite management assistance for content presented in-person and virtually
- Communicate potential project delays and issues and work with senior team members to overcome issues
- Serve as point of contact for external partners/clients/vendors/conferences to provide materials necessary to perform their project-related tasks
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
Who You Are:
- A person who obtains satisfaction in the on-time, on-budget, within scope delivery of projects, from initiation through completion
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive team dynamics
- Thrives in a role as a project leader
- A high-energy, true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to help the department
- Smart communicator and good negotiator
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Resourceful, critical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Enjoys leveraging technology to contribute to the execution of projects, events, and more effective communication.
- Someone who can work overtime or travel for project assignments and events, as needed
- Bachelor Degree desired; PMI certification a plus
- Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible project and process management experience required; within the healthcare environment or medical education environment strongly preferred
- Experience with continuing medical education materials or live events a plus
- Experience in an external client-facing environment
- Highly professional, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as SharePoint or Box), browser-based project management tools (such as Workfront), video conference platforms (such as Zoom and Google Meet), event management platforms (such as Aventri) and intrateam communications tools (such as Teams and Slack); all a plus
- Ability to travel 20-35% of the time