Associate Lifestyle Writer
Job ID 2021-2829
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Associate Lifestyle Writer will work with the Editorial Director and Senior Director for Business of Medicine to author and edit content for U.S. physician audiences. Content will focus on physician lifestyle, which will focus on doctors’ lives outside of medical work.
- Develop ideas, research, write or assign articles around the topic of physician lifestyle for Business of Medicine and other Medscape specialty sites
- Recruit and supervise columnists / bloggers
- Look for and develop content experts including physicians and other experts for content and special reports for Business of Medicine
- Identify and contact experts for video interviews, including developing questions for interview and coordinating with video staff on scheduling and recording
- Work with other Business of Medicine staff on special reports, especially the annual Lifestyle Reports for all physicians and selected specialties. This includes developing content based on survey results.
- Assist in the development of new special reports and content series
- Format and traffic articles through editorial and production, including creating a discussion and poll for relevant contributions
- Maintain and monitor a content budget
- Update Business of Medicine website in timely manner to reflect most recent content
- Communicate and coordinate with other Business of Medicine and Medscape editors
- Monitor traffic and performance of lifestyle content
- Help develop Business of Medicine Advisory Board
- Assist with editing Business of Medicine content
- Ensure timely delivery at each editorial stage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital medical publishing
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- BA or equivalent experience required