Job ID 2019-1547
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD, an Internet Brands company, is seeking an Attorney with 2-3 years of experience. The position is a generalist role with exposure to multiple practice areas and will provide the Attorney with the opportunity to work with newly acquired companies in a dynamic growth environment. The successful candidate will have general corporate legal experience, specializing in commercial contracts. The Attorney must be confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
In partnership with business line leaders, other corporate functions and legal team members:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including customer agreements, professional services contracts, content development and license agreements, advertising technology contracts, data agreements and software and technology license agreements.
- Assist with legal due diligence in connection with various domestic and international M&A activities and provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations.
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks relevant to WebMD's business, including online advertising.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance on a broad range of privacy and regulatory matters.
- Support the ongoing improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- JD or equivalent with license in good standing to practice law in NY required.
- 2-3 years relevant experience required.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international privacy and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA) desired but not required.
- Ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice and solutions.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a high volume work environment.
- Ability to work independently.