Associate Resource Manager
Job ID 2021-2688
Associate Resource Manager
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits, and communicate with peers.
The Associate Resource Manager is responsible for working closely with the Director, Resource Management to manage the resource planning, allocation, project maintenance, and scheduling for the department that can include full-time and freelance staff. The Associate Resource Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of a portfolio of promotional Web and Email-based programs, helping to manage resource scheduling, staffing analysis, capabilities assessment, as well as the department needs based on project and client requirements under the direction and supervision of the Director. The Associate Resource Manager works to develop key relationships with Client Services, Development/Production, Content Creation and Editorial Services, Creative, and Marketing departments, and works closely with other department Resource Managers to ensure that resources align and are assigned based on skill set, timing, and prioritization needs. The Associate Resource Manager focuses on developing excellent project management skills, and helps ensure that projects and verticals are properly resourced to run efficiently, according to process, and meeting client and internal deadlines. This role will help plan for incoming projects and implement resource changes against evolving priorities for existing projects. The ideal candidate has the ability to develop an understanding of each resource’s professional disciplines, has some experience with project workflow/management, and has had exposure to pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing.
This position will require office presence, Covid allowing. Please assure that you will live in the NYC metro area if hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Help lead the department resources by managing the workflow from contract signing through successful launch
- Coordinate capabilities and workload by Vertical and project; demonstrates the ability to match team members against project needs, skill sets, and deadline requirements
- Coordinates the work of multiple internal teams to ensure quality and timeliness of program delivery; support a consistent positive workflow between teams
- Project assignment and ongoing project maintenance for the team; continuously assess team workload and balance accordingly
- Monitor day-to-day project tasks, identifying potential areas for delay and actively work with department leads to identify and help solve for issues before they arise
- Leverage resourcing dashboards for the department and individual resources via online project management workflow system (Workfront)
- Escalates day-to-day task-related issues, acceleration, and prioritization requests to the Director, Resource Management
- Helps lead daily department resource meeting and facilitates resourcing issues/conflict resolution with the Director, Resource Management
- Focus on mastering process in order to help improve the organization's ability to produce high-quality programs
- Recommend resource management-related process improvements to broader Resource Management team on an ongoing basis
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Champion internal systems (i.e. Workfront) and processes for higher productivity
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of Medscape Product offering and process as it relates to resourcing and workflow
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of pharmaceutical company requirements and submission systems, including but not limited to, regulatory guidance, and annotation guidelines
- Cross train with other departments to develop a 360 understanding of process/project workflow and coverage needs
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in project management, operations, or other relevant field preferred
- 1+ years relevant experience working in a high-volume, process-oriented environment with a focus on online content development preferred
- 1+ years relevant experience working in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare marketing, including direct experience working within pharmaceutical company requirements
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience using online workflow management tools (i.e Workfront)
- Strong problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability handle multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously