Job ID 2019-1521
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This role will manage the execution and delivery of multiple product development initiatives working closely with internal business stakeholders, product management, and cross-functional technology team members.
This role is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and inspiring project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering products that provide exceptional business value to customers. In performing this role, you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with some Agile development principles.
- Project Planning and Management– Collaborate with both the Product and Technology teams to determine project scope and release schedules while focusing on regular and timely delivery; track project status; manage blockers, risks and issues; facilitate meetings; build strong relationships; and escalate to senior management as necessary.
- Team Management– Assist in team development and creating high performing teams while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; managing team structure to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support– Support the Product Owner in managing stakeholder expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance. Guide the PO in understanding and performing the duties of their role and ensuring they continue to build and maintain a healthy backlog.
- Process Management and Improvement– Collaborate with the PMO to define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Project Management. Ensure processes are understood by the teams and being followed.
- Team building– promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or a related field or at least 4 years additional experience in project management
- 3+ years in a PMO
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions
- A proven track record of successfully delivering software or web development projects using Agile practices managing large, complex projects in a fast-paced development environment with cross-functional teams
- Prior experience with the SCRUM framework. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing cross-functional teams with at least 4-8 team members including Product, engineering and QA personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, and problem solving
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and thrives on multi-tasking
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Confluence, WorkFront or equivalent
- MS Office tools