Sr Collections Specialist
Job ID 2019-1786
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Senior Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
Our Senior Collections Specialist should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness. You should have excellent communication and negotiations skills, as well as an ability to work independently.
This position will report to the Senior Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Review aging reports to ascertain status of collection and balance outstanding, and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures
- Monitor the percentages of aged accounts
- Pursue collection of all invoices until payment is made
- Place direct phone calls and emails to customers that are past due
- Draft and send collections letters to all customers with outstanding
- Send payment demand letters for accounts over 90 days past due
- Relay to management any and all accounts that need to be written off to bad debt
- Prepare documentation necessary to create the credit or debit memo necessary to true up a customer account
- Oversee and assist with the clean-up of un-applied receipts and short paid invoices.
- Address customer complaints concerning invoicing or service rendered and works on complaints of service failures with designated departments
- Coordinate and participate with all audits of activity related to invoicing and collections
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree; Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years hands on collections experience, commercial experience preferred
- Experience with MSG, Great Plains, or similar large scale system
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
- Understanding of contract language from a receivable perspective
- Detail oriented and proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills