Product Manager - Ad Tech
Job ID 2019-1475
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a Product Manager to join the team and support the management and development of advertising products for its portfolio of websites as well as management of its advertising delivery infrastructure.
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets and analytic inputs, requirements gathering, scrum team participation, documentation and prototype preparation and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, audience engagement, publishing, UX/design, product marketing, engineering, QA, business intelligence and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in a Product Management function
- Experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams including business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and be a very strong and confident communicator, able to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams;
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize their time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously
- Understanding of ad server technology and the unique challenges associated with ad delivery (latency, viewability, etc.)
- Experience managing and integrating 3rd party software in support of ad delivery
- Ability to aggregate data from multiple sources to draw informed conclusions
- A solid understanding of the programmatic landscape and its relationship to a Digital Publisher (Header Bidding, PMPs, DSPs, etc.)
- Up to date on Key industry trends and the importance of Ad performance
- Technical understanding of ad server targeting and delivery