Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach (Detroit Metro Area)
Job ID 2021-2671
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is located at the client site in the Detroit Metro area.
The Dedicated Well-being Coach will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants as well as help to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, you will be responsible for face-to-face coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants and help to create a culture of well-being at the worksite level.
In this role you will:
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Increase awareness and engagement in the client-wide well-being programs
- Provide customized support to designated locations/business units
- Promote well-being through meaningful interactions with employees
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from client and WebMD Account Team
- Assist with program promotion, including development and/or distribution of promotional materials
- May include onsite 1:1 or group coaching
- Coordinate logistics and implement client-wide challenges, screenings, promotions, programs, events, etc.
- Encourage and support well-being policies at the client worksites (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines)
- Develop and facilitate educational programs (i.e., courses, workshops, special events, and interactive booths)
- Collaborate with client’s HR/Benefit teams, and other departments as applicable
- Develop and maintain files of community resources and health content for augmenting program delivery when necessary
- Create and execute annual project plans, including development of delivery/implementation plan, action plans and tracking key project milestones for assigned sites
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Track and report on all participant-facing activities (e.g., coaching interactions, presentations, tabling events, challenges, etc.)
- Monitor expenditures to assure spending remains within client's specified guidelines
- Regular utilization of WebMD management information systems to track and evaluate program
- Participate in both internal WebMD and client meetings
- Other duties specific to account as assigned by client or WebMD (e.g., conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness center, etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Available to travel, as needed
- 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required in a health-related field
- Excellent communication/people skills, including proven ability to adapt to individual communication styles
- Project management and planning skills
- Experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Project management and planning skills
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Independent problem solving and decision making ability
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interacting with participants
- Experience and comfort using Microsoft Office products
- MPH differentiator
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred
- 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.