Sr. Technical Project Manager - Marketing Sciences
Job ID 2021-3399
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This technical project manager is a Associate Director, Resource Manager reporting into the Global VP, Business Intelligence & Data Services and is part of the WebMD Marketing Sciences team. This is a new position for WebMD and will have supervisory responsibility strategic planning, resource management and the tracking and reporting of progress to milestones. The successful candidate is responsible for setting goals, collaborating on and establishing priorities and establishing and monitoring data and process governance.
This position is accountable for establishing goals and milestones for the Marketing Sciences team that align with those of other verticals, identifying resource gaps, recommending solutions and driving timely completion of projects. This position will work with teams of professional, both near and far shore.
This is a senior leadership position that requires exceptional communication and collaboration skills together with deep data knowledge and experience of reporting operations and a good knowledge of the underlying technologies. The position works with internal and external clients to understand their needs, set goals and expectations and work to deliverables, on time, with a high quality. The successful candidate is expected to become expert in the data and initiatives associated with the business and feel comfortable sitting with business executives to supporting the decision-making process. As and Associate Director, Resource Management, the successful candidate will be working with a broad range of internal stakeholders to align on strategic vision within the organization. This includes leading and participating in requirements gathering sessions, design workshops, systems evaluations, project management sessions and general oversight meetings.
- Strategic planning and governance: Work with other business verticals to establish priorities based on alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- Identify and maintain best practices for the Marketing Sciences team and work to socialize them with our clients.
- Help to inform sound processes for reporting development and delivery and enforce them within the team.
- Help to establish a common project culture and mindset by informing, communicating, and training employees about techniques, methodologies, and best practices. This should lead to developing a common project language of defining milestones, metrics and KPIs so that everyone is on the same page.
- Manage and allocate resources to the work backlog.
- Identify dependencies, bottlenecks, resource gaps and timelines.
- Inform management on blockers and provide solutions to resolve them.
- Help to memorialize templates, tools, and decisions and preserve institutional knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in working with executive level teams to strategize on business development opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in translating business strategy into technical requirements and managing the related projects.
- 5+ years in a Project management or Resource management, preferably in a digital information environment or in related Information Systems with a strong willingness for deep learning and being hands-on.
- Experience with Data Management and Data Governance a plus.
- An understanding of system processes from a workflow perspective.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to extract business requirements from client use cases and translate these requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience operating independently with the ability to manage up.
- Experience with Business Intelligence operations.
- Working knowledge of Agile and other SDLC methodologies, including producing user stories, and participating in sprints and daily scrums.
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones. Operates within the context of approved methods.