Lead Systems Engineer
Job ID 2019-1632
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD’s Systems Engineering team is looking for a skilled, ambitious Windows Systems Engineer to join a very versatile team that designs, automates and supports Windows and Linux OSes, multiple virtualization solutions, NAS storage systems, enterprise backups, Active Directory, and DNS. The candidate will be responsible for designing, configuring and automating Microsoft technologies such Windows Server OS configuration, backups, Hyper-V virtualization with VMM, failover clusters, MS SQL servers, PowerShell scripting, handling day-to-day trouble tickets and exploring new technologies. Candidates must be willing to support after-hours maintenance and be part of the on-call rotation. The candidate should be self-motivated, analytical, excited to explore new technologies, willing to learn new skills and able to work individually as well as with others on team projects.
- 4+ years of experience in designing, building, automating, and managing enterprise systems running Windows Server Operating Systems and applications.
- Expertise in managing Active Directory, Trust Relationships, Group Policies.
- Automation with PowerShell or any other scripting language on Windows.
- Enterprise backup solutions such as Veeam, Networker and NetBackup.
- Configuration Management technologies such as Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Virtualization Platforms including Hyper-V.
- Core Enterprise Services including CIFS, SMB, FTP, SFTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH.
- Experience managing WSUS and automating patch deployment.
- Experience using monitoring solutions such as Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Sensu, Nagios or Zabbix.
- Strong understanding of clusters, load balancers, high-availability, DR and the TCP/IP stack.
- Comfortable researching, demonstrating, recommending and implementing new tools, technology, and processes that satisfy business needs.
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting techniques to diagnose Windows OS issues.
- Comfortable managing requests within the defined SLO thru ticketing systems.
- A sense of urgency for issue resolution and able to provide root cause analysis.
- Experience working with Linux OSes including Redhat and CentOS.
- Scripting in multiple languages such as Shell, Python and Ruby.
- Experience managing NetApp storage solutions and EMC storage.
- Familiarity with container frameworks such as Docker, OpenStack and CloudStack.
- Familiarity with Oracle, MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Experience working with Mac OS.
- Familiarity with security concepts, OS hardening best practices and WireShark.
- Familiarity with Arista switches, Palo Alto firewalls and Netscaler/F5 load lalancers.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Or equivalent experience (in addition to base experience requirement)