Job ID 2021-3212
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Description: Client Editor
The Editor will work as a creative and supporting member of the Editorial Department within the Integrated Content Marketing division.
- Facilitate database content updates per new health industry guidelines.
- Update and fact-check health and wellness content as needed.
- Support other client-facing editors in fulfilling clients’ custom writing requests.
- Serve as the editorial expert on client teams, ensuring clients are very satisfied with Krames’ content, editorial expertise and services, available library, and production processes. Working with Account Managers, Designers, and others, the Editor acts as an ongoing liaison and consultant to clients regarding how to most effectively use content to meet their marketing and educational
- Support both new and ongoing departmental standards, processes, and quality initiatives.
- Plan and oversee the development of original content for Krames or unique client products as assigned.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for accuracy of Krames content by identifying and implementing guideline changes and updating outdated content as requested.
- Manage custom writing requests from clients and editors; work with contract writers and others, as needed.
- Perform and oversee fact-checking and proofreading functions as needed.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with colleagues, external clients, and freelancers.
- Assume responsibility for fulfilling all assigned clients’ health and wellness content needs.
- Suggest appropriate, timely content that supports each client’s unique marketing objectives and goals.
- Consult with clients regarding topics, content mix, article direction, length, tone/language, etc.
- Edit content to support clients’ objectives; ensure maximum effectiveness, appeal and readability; and conform to client and Krames source and style guidelines.
- Facilitate payment of writers and freelancers as assigned.
- Work with Designers and Account Managers to ensure error-free layouts that meet client expectations. Includes making broad recommendations about article placement, facilitating cuts and adds, etc.
- Write, edit, and manage digital content using SEO key terms as requested.
- Ensure strict adherence to agreed-upon schedules and commitments to clients.
- Manage client reviews and approvals.
- Regularly review and assess assigned Krames and client products, assuring content and overall editorial direction remains on target to achieve individual or collective clients’ objectives.
- Working with client team, regularly assess each client’s production process to assure maximum client satisfaction and team effectiveness.
- Participate in client meetings/functions as needed.
- Stay abreast of health research and reporting, health care and managed care industry trends, marketing issues, etc., and use this and other information in order to continually improve upon the knowledge and expertise offered to clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work expierence
- Minimum three years of editorial experience
- Health care, managed care, or marketing background preferred
- Client services experience/orientation
- Excellent, demonstrable language and communication skills
- InDesign experience and familiarity with SEO a plus
- Innovative self-starter comfortable working both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, passion for research