VP, Experiential Learning Strategy & Solutions
Job ID 2019-1674
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live, face to face educational programs designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas and tailored formats across the globe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Lead development and deployment of industry category strategies to support the Live Event operating unit’s growth
- Deliver regular insights on competitive set and industry issues, and identify opportunities and make recommendations for competitive differentiation in the areas of technology and business products
- Partner with category business leads in the continuous development of data driven marketing solutions to drive growth of the operating unit’s portfolio and capabilities
- Equip external sales teams on unit’s capabilities and provide communication materials for sales to use in market.
- Shepherd business and technology product initiatives from inception through delivery with focus on measurement and optimization
- Support Sales leadership in managing select, top client programs in partnership with key stakeholders across the functional teams
- Identify growth opportunities that leverage existing assets and drive monetization
- Continuously communicate marketplace dynamics and changes among competitive set; synthesize findings to evolve sales communications and inform product solutions
- Develop a strong working relationship with strategic business partners
- Collaborate with corporate development group in mapping and identifying relevant acquisition targets
- Other tasks as assigned
Education, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 15 years overall relevant experience with corporate events with at least 7 years’ experience in business development, marketing, and/or product management within healthcare, media or relevant sector
- Proven entrepreneurial success, innovation, creativity within the event space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, executive presence, and ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of client and internal staff and management.
- Superb client development and project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth through strategic, market-based solutions.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, analytical skills and business judgment.
- Successful track record of thought-partnership, team work and leadership