Marketing Manager, Email Automation
Job ID 2022-4461
MedscapeLive!, a division of Medscape, is currently seeking a Marketing Manager, Email Automation for our Live Business Unit. This role will be crucial in working with the high volume of technical and visual needs for our growing live event business. The Marketing Manager, Email Automation will be responsible for architecting, designing, creating, and implementing technical optimizations for all 600+ Live event related emails, reporting, and system integrations on an annual basis.
Do you love data and automating processes for marketing and improving healthcare all at the same time? Are you strong in analytics, seeing the path toward automation, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, communication, and problem solving? Do you like to solve complex problems with technical solutions? If your answers to these questions are yes, we welcome you to apply for the Manager, Email Marketing Automation role. You must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive, detail-oriented and identifying opportunities for automation and process improvement.
Working with relevant internal, cross functional teams you will lead the development, build and management of the marketing automation process across the Medscape Live business unit. This will include:
- Collaboration, support, and coaching of key stakeholders to raise the level of proficiency and nurture best practices in marketing automation across the group.
- Analytical role responsible for connecting data and creating unique automations to maximize ROI and customer lifetime value across all campaigns.
- Identify and implement new marketing tech initiatives that can help drive business goals and improve user engagement.
- Develop technical solutions for a diverse set of problems enabling improved automation of marketing activity.
- Help drive the planning, implementation, and management of contact strategies to support lead nurturing, conversion, retention, cross-promo and to reduce churn rates.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of CRM/email campaigns, designing rapid lead and growth testing.
- Support the creation of email lists and campaigns, including requirements gathering, development/build, testing, and execution (design templates, calls-to-action, email nurture streams and lead scoring model).
- Ensure that retention and acquisition campaigns (e.g., thought leadership, customer lifecycle etc.) are fully supported by the appropriate amount of marketing automation.
- Continually test and learn - work with the team to create hypotheses, structure smart tests, and advance initiatives that work
- Maintain and optimize email deliverability and ensure legal compliance (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
- Work with team on day-to-day operations and troubleshooting of campaign setups
- Support campaign project planning to help remove potential bottlenecks
- Migrate all manual processes into SF (Sales Force)
- Translate customer data, transaction history, and behavior insights into tactical and strategic recommendations to improve performance
- Expand and improve reporting to gain a better understanding of customer behavior
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal cross functional teams to manage an MVT email automation roadmap
- BS in computer science, marketing, or similar field and 3+ years of experience in marketing automation-focused roles
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC; Certified Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer a plus), including Journey Builder and Email Studio
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems preferably Adobe Experience Manager and web analytics tools (preferably Adobe Analytics)
- Experience in marketing automation and CRM: strategies, tactics, best practices, project management and results
- Experience with SQL, HTML, AMPscript and CSS
- Technical literacy with familiarity in data processes and governance
- Data-driven thinking – comfortable representing and communicating this.
- Significant knowledge on other acquisition channels and levers (PPC, social, retargeting etc.)
Excellent project management skills.
- Analytical and driven by data metrics.
- Comfortable with stakeholder engagement, working across departments to manage expectations and prioritize work.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail oriented.
- Passionate about customer-centric communications. Confident and good at all aspects of communication.
- Organized, practical, and influential.
- A professional and competent consumer-focused marketing expert.
- Global Mindset. The ability to work with a global team, engage remotely and keep a flexible schedule for others' time zones.
- Willingness to share knowledge, expertise, and guide other colleagues.