Job ID 2019-1679
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The health editor manages the timely, effective, and accurate creation of content across a broad range of topics, including lifestyle and wellness as well as medical conditions.
The applicant should be a sharp, creative, organized, and experienced editor with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should have strong communications skills and should be able to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Assign and edit multiple articles, slideshows, quizzes, and other interactive content while meeting tight deadlines
- Manage editorial workflow from start to finish
- Ensure content adheres to editorial guidelines, is medically accurate, compelling, and informative for the WebMD audience
- Generate ideas for new ways to cover health conditions, particularly dry or difficult topics
- Interface with medical team and project managers to have content medically reviewed
- Collaborate with other teams, e.g. Copy Edit, SEO, Medical Review, Photo, and Content Strategy as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field or related experience
- 5 years editing for an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Demonstrated experience editing in a fast-paced environment
- Strong familiarity with the web
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Good organizational ability, good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences
- Experience working in a project/task management system
- Knowledge of health and wellness topics
- Skilled at brainstorming and collaborating with a creative team
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills