Job ID 2021-3607
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services is looking for a Business Analyst who will work collaboratively with internal team members from the Product and Solutions Organization and other WHS stakeholders to implement complex solutions for clients using a mix of applications, tools, and interfaces. This role shares responsibility for the overall solution design, including applications and tools, making sure it meets the client’s business objectives.
The Business Analyst guides the client in evaluating options and making recommendations using WHS best practices to ensure business needs are met. Responsibilities include authoring, documenting and delivering clear, concise, and complete technical and/or functional specifications that drive the successful completion of projects and implementations.
The Business Analyst drives the successful completion of implementations and enhancements - defined as on-time, fully-functional deployments. This individual leads the WebMD team in solving new and unexpected problems that arise during the implementation phase of the project.
The Business Analyst must develop an in-depth knowledge of WHS product functionality, have a solid grasp of the technical aspects of the applications, and possess an in-depth understanding of the health and wellness domain as it applies to the implementation of WHS solutions. This key role will work with the team to:
- Implement the scope as agreed upon and guide the client through the functional and technical pieces of the implementation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand client business needs and be able to translate needs to the configuration of the solutions; assist the client in evaluating options and alternatives to ensure business needs are met, while driving the adoption of best practices and avoiding custom work
- Author functional and/or technical specifications for client implementations
- Configure tools and solutions, as applicable
- Analyze and triage functional and technical issues throughout the implementation
- Define and drive the client acceptance testing process to identify required changes and communicate changes to development
- Provide post-launch functional and technical support until the implementation is stabilized and fully transitioned to the long-term client care team
- Conduct webcast client-based training sessions as needed
- Provide feedback to Product Development on the configurations for our products and what customizations can be accommodated.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- 1 – 2 years of experience writing functional and/or technical requirements for software implementations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement complex and technical solutions in a technology-intensive, dynamic and face-paced environment
- Exhibit confidence and a knowledge of industry practices when solving business problems
- Highly organized individual with successful multi-tasking skills
- Independent time management skills
- Manage client expectations effectively
- Professional and client-friendly presence
- Technical aptitude
- Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Strong grasp of MS Office products
- Logical thinker with sound problem solving abilities
- Proficient written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 5-10% of the time
- BS/BA or equivalent
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.