Well-being Program Manager (Phoenix, AZ)
Job ID 2023-5647
WebMD Health Services is part of the WebMD family. We have been designing well-being programs for employers and health plans for over 20 years. Our mission is to empower organizations and their populations to improve well-being through personalized, strategic partnerships.
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, well-being and dedicated services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations and are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Located at the client location in Phoenix, AZ
The Well-being Program Manager and Coach (PM) will work collaboratively with the designated client's health promotion team to raise awareness and promote engagement in Client health promotion programs. The PM will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in the client's health promotion activities, including those sourced from additional vendors. This role is remote but may need to be onsite for quarterly events.
The PM is responsible for providing one-on-one health coaching, supporting client satisfaction, retention, and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service. PM's proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes and develop new solutions. The successful candidate will have a background in health promotion, health communications, and/or population health management.
In this role, you will:
- Provide one-on-one health coaching
- Provide ongoing project management for current onsite programs and promotional events
- Increase awareness and engagement in client-wide well-being offerings
- Provide recommendations for improved culture of well-being at designated locations
- Establish relationships and buy-in from key stakeholders
- Provide recommendations for well-being initiatives by client site location
- Assist and facilitate linkage between benefits, environmental health and safety, occupational health, medical, behavioral health/EAP, facilities, and other client vendors
- Assist in the delivery and coordination of Health Improvement, Health and Wellness Programs and Challenges for client team members
- Assist with gathering, creating and editing materials related to the health promotion programs for benefits communications
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between (supplier) and individual employer sites/business units
- Coordination of well-being meetings, webinars, and other communications (internal and external)
- Coordination and management of domestic Wellness Champion Network, including expansion across U.S. sites & training of local wellness committees
- Work with the Communications team to coordinate the customization of (supplier)’s standard communication vehicles, and when necessary, the development of original materials
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of the client’s health education programs
- Ongoing program performance review and health/wellness strategy support
- Collaborate with WHS Screening Coordinator for the coordination, delivery and management of domestic onsite events including biometric screenings if needed
- Work with the Engagement Advisor to coordinate the customization of WebMD's standard communication vehicles, and when necessary, the development of original materials
- Support WebMD Health Services product and service line expansion
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BA / BS required, MPH is a differentiator
- Minimum of 2 years Well-being Coordinator or similar client-facing experience; 5 years preferred
- Minimum 2 to 4 years experience in a corporate environment required, especially consumer-facing interfaces and H&W administration.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of behavior change theory
- Strong program planning skills
- Business and technology services experience.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Education and/or experience in international and domestic wellness programming
- Professional Certification from National Wellness Institute (NWI), The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC), or the equivalent certification
- 5 years of Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.