Dir, Grant Development-PHE
Job ID 2023-4754
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC ("PHE") provides Power-Pak C.E.® educational programs for the broad spectrum of pharmacist learners. Continuing education for pharmacists constitutes PHE's core mission. The primary goal of our continuing education programs is to provide and disseminate topical education to all pharmacists in order to maintain and improve their knowledge and skill.
Utilizing a variety of educational vehicles, PHE produces both live and enduring education that is constantly evaluated and praised for its timeliness and relevance to the pharmacy professionals PHE serves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Director of Education and Grants is responsible for business development by identifying and pursuing grant opportunities for pharmacist education, overseeing the program development process upon grant approval as well as outcomes reporting and program reconciliation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with VP Educational Programs to identify all grant opportunities through conversations with new and existing supporters, responding to RFPs, prospecting efforts, meetings at major conferences with supporters, attendance at poster sessions, referrals, unsolicited calls, networking and any method that defines the potential of investing in a needs assessment.
- Participate in face-to-face sales calls and prospecting
- Attend appropriate conferences, such as the Alliance meeting, AMCP Annual and Nexus, AIS, Asembia, APhA, CPNP and ASHP, to attend sessions, meet with new and existing supporters and identify new grant opportunities
- Review industry news on a daily basis for assigned companies which would result in a prospecting opportunity
- Manage, direct and administer the grant development and submission process from beginning to end and ensure the continuity of educational goals from needs assessment, through learning objectives, execution, outcomes measurement and outcomes reporting
- Identify and provide guidance to medical writers during the development of needs assessments
- Develop and write grant proposals and budgets
- Discuss and coordinate any unique outcomes requirements for grant submissions with colleagues for language and fees pre grant submission
- Provide any input on pre-test, post-test or evaluation questions based on the unique requirements of the grant or grantor(s)
- Analyze, coordinate, and present all outcomes reports to the supporter at the conclusion of the activity
- Create and submit all required reports for completed grants including budget reconciliation
- Manage all aspects of grantor relationship – including ensuring grant payments received in a timely fashion
- Attend grant supporter meetings as required to either learn their requirements or present grant results through presentations or poster sessions
- Respond to all grantor requests for information
- Respond to all grantor requirements for reconciliation of expired activities
- Work with colleagues to help ensure satisfactory completion of the diverse requirements of each supporter
- Maintain updated pipeline in Salesforce
- Licensed U.S. PharmD degree preferred
- Knowledge of various pharmacy practice settings including but not limited to Specialty Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy
- Grants, educational program content, and outcomes experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- 3+ years' experience in medical education, medical communications, or medical publishing; developing clinical content for healthcare professionals
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to cultivate relationships with faculty experts
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of key/emerging issues in various disease states
- Ability to learn about new diseases/conditions
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel a must
100k Base + Uncapped Commission